HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The New Year is one of my favorite times of the year. Another year behind me and a new year to look forward to. I love the New Year for the same reasons I love sunrises—it brings with it anew. It brings with it the promise of the unknown. It brings with it new possibilities. It brings with it change. All of which I openly embrace because the only thing promised in life is change.
We recognize this when we make New Year’s resolutions. For whatever reason, we did not or we were unable to address certain matters in the previous year and we see a fresh start in the New Year, hence the infamous New Year’s resolution.
For 2018 I will:
1. Improve this blog – The Chocolate Wallflower blog, more or less, serves as an outlet and seeks to be an inspirational blog. With it, I hope to continue to motivate, stimulate and engage those who are interested. I hope to grow my outreach and really speak to those topics that move me and others as well.
2. Become an entrepreneur – I never fully grasped the notion of solely working for someone else as opposed to putting in the effort to work for yourself. It seems weird to me, but I get it and I don’t knock anyone who enjoys that lifestyle. Heck, I have been in the workforce for 20 years so I know that way of living all too well. But, for me, I have always had an enterprising spirit and felt I was doing myself a disservice if I didn’t act on it. I am capable of achieving great things and I am continuously working to prove it to myself. I will be a successful entrepreneur!
3. Travel – If you’ve read any of my other posts you’d know how much I enjoy travelling. Costa Rica and Nicaragua are countries I plan to visit in the New Year. If all goes well Philadelphia and Cuba will be on that travel list as well. Here's to good fortune.
4. Learn Spanish – I am envious of people who speak multiple languages. I feel like people that speak more than one language can have a better understanding of the world. I really want to be one of those people. I have been introduced to Spanish since grade school but I never took it too seriously, but I am thankful for the foundation because it makes learning Español a bit easier.
¡Hablare español muy bien un día!
5. Make this year better than the last – I think this one speaks for itself.
Making it to a New Year is worth celebrating because there are so many who are not as fortunate. And, to you my wonderful reader: I wish you a wonderful and prosperous New Year.
What are some of your 2018 New Year’s resolutions?
You may also like:
HI. I'M AWET.
A simple soul who likes to engage the world in meaningful ways in the hopes of inspiring others.
SHARING IS CARING
SAVE $40 ON YOUR STAY
TOP 5 POSTS
GET 10% OFF